This winter, these delicious and easy cookies will fill your home with the heart-warming smell of freshly-baked goodies. Light a fire in the fireplace and grab a good book; together, these will make your winter a little less chilly.
VANILLA ALMOND CRESCENT COOKIES:
1 1/4 cups unblanched almonds
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
- Grind the almonds with a few tablespoons of the flour in a food processor, blender, or nut grinder.
- Sift the remaining flour with the salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the almonds, vanilla extract, and the flour mixture. Stir to mix well. Gather dough into a ball, wrap in wax paper, and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Break off-walnut-sized pieces of dough and roll into small balls – about 1/2″ in diameter. Bend into crescent shapes and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until dry – but not brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool only slightly.
- Set rack over a baking sheet and dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar.